“No Room in Rural Villages, Cities and Homes for Those with Disabilities? Are Girls and Boys with Down Syndrome Being Left Behind?”
To be held during the 62nd Session of the Commission on the Status of Women and in anticipation of the 13th Commemoration of World Down Syndrome Day (3-21)
To RSVP for the event, please HolySeeMission.org/rsvp20March2018 by March 13. All those without UN grounds passes (for example, UN Delegates passes, NGO passes, or CSW passes) must register for a special event pass at this link. Those with UN passes are asked to register as well to ensure that there is enough space for them in the room. If the event fills to capacity, only those who are registered will be admitted.
- Archbishop Bernardito Auza, Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the United Nations
- Mary O’Callaghan, Ph.D., Developmental Psychologist from the Center for Ethics and Culture at the University of Notre Dame, mother of a boy with Down Syndrome and other disabilities.
- Patricia White Flatley, MD, Research Down Syndrome Foundation and former Board Chair of Down Syndrome Research and Treatment Foundation, Emeritus Board Member of Lumind Foundation, and mother of a boy with Down Syndrome.
- Mrs. Deidre Pujols and daughter Miss Bella Pujols, Pujols Family Foundation, dedicated to the love, care and development of people with Down Syndrome and their families.
- Mr. Kurt Kondrich and daughter Miss Chloe Kondrich, who was the inspiration for the Down Syndrome Prenatal Education Act (“Chloe’s Law”) that was enacted in Pennsylvania to provide pregnant women with information about Down Syndrome and how individuals with down syndrome and their families can thrive and lead fulfilling lives. It is now being replicated across the United States.
- Miss Mikalya Holmgren, the first woman with Down Syndrome to compete in the Miss Minnesota USA Pageant and the winner of the Spirit of Miss USA Award.
- Randall Wright, Director of the movie Summer in the Forest, to be released in New York City March 23.
Permanent Observer Mission of the Holy See to the United Nations
The Center for Family and Human Rights (C-Fam)
Pujols Family Foundation
Jerome Lejeune Foundation
Summer in the Forest